Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nothing Original

But then originality is by no means the most important quality in a meal. Helped some friends make Cumin Turkey Burgers tonight, and they were delish. We topped with slices of colby-jack cheese, ripe avocado, and grilled onions.* I usually find turkey burgers dry and bland, but these were mouth-watering and just as flavorful as most good beef burgers. The worcestershire and soy sauces really do their thing, and the distinctive cumin flavor stands out cheekily, lending the dish its name. Definitely a 'must' for summer cook-outs. (Believe me, gentle reader, there will be more on that subject coming soon!)

*I prepared the onions. Slice one large yellow onion as though for a burger topping. Then cut the round pieces in half. Sauté on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and just beginning to caramelize. Add salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 tsp. each paprika and cumin.

The Epicure is now officially ready for summer. If you have any must-grill recipes to share, please send them my way. I will try them out and post my favorites on the blog, with proper attribution, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment